Client Printer Naming Customization
FH Web installs a printer on the host for each priner that is configured on the client machine. These printers are called proxy printers and are the printers that are seeen by users when printing via FH Web. Since multiple users connect to an FH Web server, these pinters must be filtered so that users see only their printers. This requires that each printer be assigned a unique identifier.
Through the Registry, administrators can specify the format of these proxy printer names and include information such as the users's name, the client computer's IP address, and the client machine name.
Administrators can choose from the follow tokens to create a suffix to the printer string name:
|%U||The user name||Wilson|
|%I||The client IP address||192.168.3.2|
|%M||The client MAC address||00AB11CD22|
|%C||The client machine name||PCWorkstation1|
|%S||The FH Web session ID||7|
To customize the client printer name:
- Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
- From the Registry Editor, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
- Locate the PrinterNameFormat key: [SOFTWARE\ACSXerox\FH Web Edition\PrinterNameFormat]
- Right-click PrinterNameFormat and select Modify.
- In the Value data field, type one or more of the client printer customization tokens/
- Close the Registry Editor.